How it Works
These products are made to address two different groups: women with hair thinning and hair loss and women seeking thicker, fuller, hair. For both parties, Keranique provides a money back guarantee that your hair will meet both concerns when followed appropriately.
Thicker Fuller, Longer System
This kit is for anyone who wants to boost hair growth. Product specialist Tristen Cochran says, “I use our shampoo, conditioner, and follicle boosting serum. It strengthens the follicles you have and repairs the hair so your hair will grow thicker, stronger, fuller, longer. Results can be seen in just four weeks for that, but I saw a difference in bulk in two weeks! The process includes using the Keranique shampoo and conditioner followed by the Follicle Boosting Serum sprayed directly at the roots of the hair.
Follicle Boosting Serum’s Top 5 Ingredients
- Butylene glycol- humectant used as a conditioning agent.
- Glycerin- a common humectant.
- PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate- a water-soluble humectant synthetic polymer that is derived from the fatty acids of coconut for its emulsifying agent.
- PEG-12 dimethicone- a PEG binded with dimethicone, a silicone-based polymer used to give formulas a smooth feel, promote spreadability, and add lubrication.
- Trifolium pratense (clover) flower extract – an extract from clover, this flower has traditionally been used to prevent hair loss. When used in hair care it is also known to improve the hair’s strength and elasticity.
Hair Growth System
If your hair begins to thin, causing the scalp to become visible, then the Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment is a great option. This product contains 2% Minioxidil, “the only FDA approved ingredient clinically proven to help women regrow hair,” which can be product sold over the counter. After cleansing and conditioning with Keranique, apply the Regrowth Treatment twice a day, everyday, directly to the hair follicles. This system is an overnight treatment that will take time to work. Within 4-6 months Keranique guarantees regrowth or your money back.
Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment Full Ingredient List
- Minoxidil 2%- a drug used to treat male patterned baldness in men and hair loss in women.
- Alcohol- groups of organic compounds. Keranique has not disclosed which form of alcohol in within this formula.
- Propylene glycol- an organic alcohol that attracts water and functions as a moisturizer.
- Purified water- mechanically filtered or processed form of H20.
Keranique offers two styling products to help mask the thinning hair while growing. The Amplify Lift Spray and Thickening and Texturizing Mousse. These products can offer lift to your hair directly at the roots to give a voluminous blowout while the mousse delivers a textured thickening effect to your hair strands.
The Nitty Gritty
We probed Keranique for some of your most needed answers. Here’s what we got:
What if I stop taking it?
You can stop using the styling products at any time and will not see any changes in growth or hair loss. You can also cease to take the Follicle Boosting Serum at any time and you will not experience any shedding. However, if you were to stop taking the Hair Regrowth Treatment, you would see some changes. According to Keranique product specialist, “With Minoxidil, there is a shedding phase to push out old follicles making room for new. We send a 2-month kit, which will not last forever. It is ideal for you to try the product for four months. If you stop taking it, you may see a decrease in growth.”
Can it really deliver three times the growth?
Both treatments can deliver three times the growth, however, Keranique does warn that each person is different so it is hard to gauge exact growth in terms of inches for each individual. It also has a series of questions to ask yourself before taking the Hair Regrowth Treatment such as is there hair loss in your family? If there is not, they advise you not to take the treatment.
Is it for all hair types?
Yes, the product is formulated for all hair types. Any hair that needs repair is a great candidate for Keranique. However, knowing your hair type is most important before totally jumping ship. If you are used to using a lot of oil-rich products, you may want to hold onto your bottle of argan oil to use within your regimen, as this product line is not a heavy in oils. It is best not to style your hair in protective braids or tightly installed extensions while using either treatment method, as this could inhibit the hair follicle.
The Good News
Keranique has a host of reviews online to give you some feedback on past users. It that is not enough to get you to take a change, as stated before, the company provides a money-back guarantee if you do not see the results you want. This is what the hair community has to say about Keranique.
- YouTube Review- Keranique Hair Growth System Review by Sondra Jones: “My hair has been thinning from the lupus, It’s really full, bouncy and has a lot of body, but I have very soft hair and it’s really fine so although I love the way it looks, I don’t love the way it feels…. There is kind of a film…”
- Amazon Reviews Bynursemel03on: “I always read reviews before I buy a product I was reading about 50/50 on this item, so I was hesitant at first. Well I decided to give it a try my hair was already thin so what did I have to lose? I am so glad I ordered this, my hair is fuller, and I see that it is growing back. I have been using this daily as my routine for 5 months now. I just can't imagine how it will be in 6 more months. I can't wait to see the day that people talk to me instead of looking at my head the whole time. All I can say is if you're ready to see your hair the way it was when you were younger them you need to try this product! Use it as directed. Don't skip here and there, and you will be amazed. My only issue is cost, but then again what would one pay for a head full of hair after.”
- Amazon Review by nursemel03: “This is just 2% Minoxidil which is .5% less than Rogaine for women! Minoxidil is and FDA approved product to help maintain and stop hair loss (I'm in the hair restoration industry) and this is just an very expensive Minoxidil product marketed to women. You can get women's Rogaine at Costco or Sam's Club for a lot less. I hate that companies take advantage of women who are so desperate when they have hair loss. It's so traumatic and then to get ripped off by some company marketing a "new" product. Its active ingredient is again, Minoxidil, been around for decades.”
As previously mentioned, the reviews for Keranique are 50/50. What do you think? Is it worth the price? Would you try it?