Natural oils are included in many hair, skin, and nail products and regimens. We have expressed our love for these oils and how they can improve our overall hair health and other issues in our lives (pours coconut oil over entire life). We are constantly searching for the next natural oil that will provide healing properties for our hair and skin. According to Mintel, “African skincare trends are an additional source of inspiration as they typically focus on natural ingredients, increasing their appeal to US consumers.” In addition, Mintel mentions that Kalahari melon seed oil is a trending ingredient. What makes this seed oil the next trend?
What is Kalari melon seed oil?
Kalahari melon seed oil is a light, yellow-colored oil that is extracted from Kalahari melons. Research Gate shares in the International Journal of Food Science & Technology that the “Kalahari melon (Citrullus lanatus) is an important source of water in the Kalahari desert during dry months of the year when no surface water is available.” This lightweight oil does not clog the pores or hair follicles, which prevents the hair from weighing down. In addition, this oil is moisturizing from its fatty acids and provides color protection due to its copper.
Products with Kalahari melon seed oil
Are you interested in adding Kalahari melon seed oil in your regimen? You can find this sweet treat in the following products:
- Hask Kalahari Color Protection Shampoo – Do you have color-treated hair? The color protection shampoo can prevent your hair color from fading and also provide moisture for your curls.
- Hask Kalahari Color Protection Conditioner – This conditioner will also provide color protection for color-treated hair and can be used with the previous item mentioned.
- Ouidad Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil– Some curlies decide to not use shampoo in their regimens due to some ingredients that can cause hair damage and strip moisture from the hair. This cleansing oil offers nourishment and moisture for your curls.
- Ouidad Curl Immersion Hi-defining Custard– If you are searching for a styling product with Kalahari seed oil, this is a good option for you. This custard can assist with curl definition and hair growth.
- Darcy’s Botanicals Pure Kalahari Melon Seed Nectar–The Kalahari melon seed nectar is a lightweight oil that can provide moisture, shine, and a sweet aroma.
If you prefer to use the oil alone, there are multiple ways to include it in your regimen. Scalp massages assist with blood circulations and healthy hair growth. Treat yourself to a self-care session by massaging this oil on your scalp twice a week. If you enjoy oil treatments, this oil can be added to your pre-poo or conditioning hot oil treatment during wash day. Lastly, this sweet treat can be added to your shampoo, conditioner, and styling sessions.
How do you incorporate Kalahari melon seed oil into your hair regimen? Please share with the curly community.