The weather is colder and your hair is starting to change. The products that you usually use are no longer working on your curls due to the weather change. Need some inspiration? Better yet, are you doing some last minute holiday shopping for your curl friends and family? Check out these winter favorites of these bloggers. They will be great stocking stuffers or great additions to your holy grail!
Also known as GlamMeUp8, is a beauty blogger with beautiful Type 3 curls. Her videos include great makeup tutorials, hair tips, and fashion hauls. Here are some of her favorite winter products.
- Cleanser- I stick to sulfate-free shampoos. My favorite is the Aveda Be Curly Shampoo. It is hydrating and does not leave my hair feeling stripped.
- Daily Conditioner- I use the matching Aveda Be Curly Conditioner. This conditioner pairs perfectly with the Be Curly shampoo and has just the right amount of moisture. It does not weigh down my curls either, so they still are bouncy and soft.
- Deep Treatment- I use the Aveda Damage Remedy Deep Conditioning Mask. I have color-treated hair that gets really dry in the winter months. The Damage Remedy Mask is thick and ultra hydrating. It is perfect to use once or twice a week.
- Butter or Oil- I swear by using organic extra virgin coconut oil. It is so moisturizing and can be used for so many different things. I coat my hair in it about once every two weeks, and let it sit for at least 20 min. before washing my hair.
Amber and Carissa
NaturallyGG share a variety of video tutorials involving hair, beauty, and health! Below are their favorite winter products.
- Cleansers - (Amber) I've been using the same shampoo since I've been natural (i.e. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo). It cleanses the hair really well, but it doesn't strip my hair of moisture and it feels really soft afterwards. I sometimes forget I need conditioner! (Carissa) I've been loving the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo. It does a great job cleansing without leaving my hair feeling stripped and dry!
- Stylers - (Amber) My staple conditioner is the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Again, I've been using that ever since I've been natural. It leaves my hair so unbelievably soft! It is thick enough for my thick hair! No product can quite measure up to it. (Carissa) I really love the Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Creme. The formula is super moisturizing and it smells amazing!! Not only does it make my hair really soft, but it does a good job in defining my set styles!
- Deep Treatments - (Amber) I've been loving the SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque. This stuff smells amazing and it leaves my hair feeling incredibly silky soft. If I am feeling creative, I will go in the kitchen and blend food ingredients for my deep conditioner. Check out our DIY Deep Conditioning Treatment/Smoothie tutorial on our channel. video on our channel explaining our favorite deep conditioner recipe! (Carissa) If I do not make my own deep conditioner, I will reach for the Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. This product is super thick and it moisturizes my fine, dry hair very well.
- Protein Treatment - We do not do protein treatments very often in the winter, but if we feel like our hair is feeling weak and brittle, we will do one. We like to add an egg or two into our homemade deep conditioner for protein. Also, the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Direct Leave-in is infused with proteins to strengthen the hair!
- Butter or Oil - We are both fans of shea butter! We love using products that are shea butter based to really seal in the moisture. Check out our Moisturizing Dry Natural Hair LCO method video on our channel for more details about the LCO method. Our favorite oil would have to be coconut oil because it is very light, it softens, and it creates a beautiful shine!
Also known as NaturalMe4C, shares a variety of videos on her channel including hair, family motivating, and inspirational videos. Below are her favorite winter products.
- Cleanser- As I Am Coconut CoWash cleans my hair really well without stripping. The SheaMoisture African Black Soap Purification Masque also cleans really well without stripping my hair. It also aids in detangling.
- Daily Conditioners- SheaMoisture Yucca and Baobab Volumizing Conditioner and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Conditioner smell great and adds a nice boost of moisture to my 'fro. I use them as a leave-in conditioner.
- Deep Treatment- I like the Gaisie Body Essentials Avocado Deep Treatment because it softens and strengthens my hair. It has an awesome texture and is easy to apply. It also absorbs easily into my strands. I also use this as a light protein treatment at times.
- Protein Treatment- I love the greek yogurt mixed with avocado butter and coconut oil. My Greek Yogurt Protein Treatment & ACV Rinse video will show you how I like to use this mix. I love it because the combo strengthens my hair without being drying or harsh. It's also affordable.
- Butters or Oils- I love avocado butter because it is multipurpose. I have used this butter for things like as a step in my moisturizing/sealing routine, deep conditioning, butter/oil rinsing, adding shine, styling, stretching my hair, etc. The texture is really easy to work with even though the butter is thick and creamy. A little goes a long way. I also love this avocado oil because like it agrees with my hair. I use it just like I use the avocado butter.
Also known as Summer Kellsey, shares beauty, fashion hauls, and hair tutorials to her followers. Below you will find her favorite winter products.
- Cleanser- My favorite right now is the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. I like this because it isn't drying at all but it is still cleansing. The shea butter really keeps my hair conditioned.
- Daily Conditioner- For conditioner I use the Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner. This conditioner has great slip & makes it very easy to detangle my hair. Also the tea tree helps with dry flaky scalp.
- Deep Treatment- For a deep treatment I like to do a hot oil treatment with coconut oil or olive oil and let it sit for an hour or so. I like to use heat with this so it can really penetrate my hair for long-lasting moisture.
- Protein Treatment- I don't use protein treatments often because of the porosity of my hair, but once a month I will use Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask. This leaves my hair stronger and helps with any damage.
- Oil-I have been loving black castor oil. It's pretty thick but it makes any product I pair it with work so much better. My hair is super soft and moisturized because of this stuff!
What are your favorite winter products? Will you be gifting them?