Everyone’s talking about Koils by Nature, as many naturals rave over the ultra lush conditioners and butters offered by the small business brand. In fact, one product is even referred to as the other “creamy crack”. With a reputation like that, I had to try it out.
After returning to natural hair in 2007, Koils By Nature founder Pamela Jenkis became incredibly passionate about healthy hair care. Driven and focused by how expensive some natural hair products were, she decided to begin researching, mixing, and testing out her own product blends. After some trial and error, she soon found her mixing stride in 2009. Koils By Nature officially launched in 2010 online, and has expanded to include national and international retailers.
All Koils By Nature products are made by hand with natural ingredients and certified organic essential oils. Koils By Nature products do not contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, PABA, petroleum, parrifin, DEA, synthetic color, or animal products.
This was the first product I opened, and I could NOT stop sniffing it. I live for the peppermint aroma, especially during the holiday season. The mint smell is refreshing, but not overbearing, and totally derived from tea tree and peppermint essential oils.
This sulfate free foaming cleanser that will sooth, purify and stimulate, while removing dandruff from your scalp. The burdock root & bay leaf are natural antiseptics that will rid the scalp of dandruff. The healing properties of the calndelua is excellent for those with sensitive skin. The aloe leaf juice has healing and moisturizing qualities that will leave hair and scalp healthy and beautiful.
Distilled water infused with Organic Calendula, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Horsetail, and Organic Nettle Leaf, Aloe Leaf Juice, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Organic Castile Soap, Glycerin, Marshmallow Root Powder, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil
Top Ingredients 411:
- Distilled Water infused with Organic Calendula, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Horsetail, and Organic Nettle Leaf: This water infusion is scalp soothing, contains anti-oxidants, promotes growth and elasticity, and helps improve the strength of hair.
- Aloe Leaf Juice: Acts as a natural conditioning agent that restores the hair’s sheen, luster, and shine. It not only makes the hair soft, but it also enhances strength and suppleness.
- Potassium Palm Kernelate: Potassium salt of fatty acid derived from palm kernel oil that acts as a gentle cleansing agent and thickener.
- Organic Castile Soap: A gentle soap made from vegetable-based fats that cleanses the hair.
- Glycerin: Vegetable-based humectant that attracts water from the air to moisturize and hydrate hair.
- Marshmallow Root Powder: Extraction that creates a slippery, mucous-like substance that adds incredible slip (translation: awesome detangling”>, and contains high amounts of plant proteins for strengthening and conditioning hair.
For me, this shampoo was honestly love at first pump. I had never shampooed with something that foamed before water was applied to it, so I was unsure of what to expect. To my surprise, it lathered nicely, had tons of slip, and made my hair and scalp feel nice and clean.
This shampoo is definitely slippery enough to detangle with, which is huge for me. Although I always detangle prior to getting in the shower, any product that helps keep my hair that way earns an automatic gold star in my book.
What’s even better than the slip and scent is how my hair felt after being washed. It was clean, but there wasn’t a single sign of feeling stripped, dry, or any of the other ways hair can feel with even some of the most gentle shampoos. This shampoo has become an immediate staple for me!