Benefits of Bhringaraj Powder
Bhringaraj, an Ayurvedic herb found throughout India, is also known as Eclipta alba. Bhringaraj is considered a rasayana or a substance that rejuvenates. It has anti-inflammatory properties, healing properties, and may help to enhance and improve vision and sense of hearing. Bhringaraj can be used in a powder form or as an oil; it is all dependent upon your preference and intended usage.
3 Benefits for hair
- Mask graying– For curlies looking to combat the gray, this powder is a useful tool. Sometimes added to indigo and hemp to make natural hair dyes.
- Hair growth- Bhringaraj powder is considered the best Ayurvedic remedy for hair loss. This powder is great for stimulating growth if you have a medical condition, stress, or filling out a receding hairline. Most use it in this capacity as an oil to massage in the affected areas either as a pretreatment before a shampoo or a nightly ritual.
- Reliever of scalp infections- Bhringaraj powder can also be used as a scalp exfoliator and the anti-inflammatory properties make it great for soothing inflamed scalps and keeping scalp infections at bay. Great at reducing problematic dandruff.
- 2 heaping tbsp. Bhringaraj powder
- Water (just enough to mix into a thick paste)
- 1 tsp. of sulfur powder
Mix the powder and water into a thick paste. Use a little water at first and add drops as necessary. The desired consistency is a thick paste. Dissolve sulfur powder in a teaspoon of water (it should still be grainy) and add to Bhringaraj paste. Apply to scalp using circular motions with fingertips after shampooing. Rinse thoroughly, apply moisturizer, and style as usual.
Bhringaraj Scalp Stimulator
- 2 tbsp. Bhringaraj powder
- Enough yogurt to mix evenly with powder
Mix powder and yogurt well and apply to affected areas and leave on for 15 min. Rinse off, shampoo, and style as usual. Can be used weekly.
Have you tried Bhringaraj powder or oil and if so what were your thoughts?