Do you wear the same style most days of the week? We all have our go-to favorites, whether it’s a wash and go our a twist out, or the gym day ponytail. But if you’re looking for something new to make you fall back in love with your curls and all of their versatility, then we have five heatless ways to change up your look. If your mornings are often rushed, then try the two-minute top knot that always looks polished. Or if you want to totally alter your curl pattern without any fear of heat damage, then try the fluffy flexi curls. Keep reading for more easy, heatless styles!
Style 1 – Retro Updo
We know how easy it can be to fall into a wash and go rut, but the word “updo” is often mistaken for being difficult or reserved for professionals. This simple updo creates the illusion of bangs without ever touching the scissors. Once you have your faux bangs pinned in place, simply throw the rest of your hair up into a ponytail and add a headband. It doesn’t get any easier than that, ladies (unless you do Style #3!”>.
- Apply Coil Moisturizing Souffle for definition and softness.
- Two strand twist hair and allow to dry
- Once dry, unravel twists and section out the bang area. Then put the rest of your hair into a high loose ponytail.
- Roll the ends of your bangs and pin to create a bouffant and wrap a colorful headband around the crown of your head for a retro look.
Style 2 – Fluffy Flexi Curls
Whether you have loose waves or tight coils, it can be fun to switch your curl pattern up for a few days – especially when it’s heatless. Flexi rods are a heat-free way to experiment with new styles without fear of damage. You can also use them to create a more uniform curl when your hair has multiple curl patterns or you are transitioning.
- Create 15-20 sections in your hair and apply 10-in-1 Styles Gelee for a firm hold. For a softer curl use Coil Moisturizing Souffle.
- Add a flexi rod to each section.
- Once dry or next day, unravel your flexi rods slowly with Sheen Sealing Nectar on your fingers to keep them frizz-free and silky.
- Gently separate the sections and fluff with your fingers or an Afro pic for volume.
Style 3 – Top Knot
On rainy or humid days, you can pretty much count on most of the NaturallyCurly office to show up with their hair in a top knot. It just might be the quickest, easiest hairstyle you can do, and with a very high success rate – it’s almost failproof! Top knots look great on curly, coily and wavy hair because you can play with your texture to create volume or loosen the top knot for a more undone look. If you only have 2 minutes to get ready in the morning, this is your go-to style.
- Moisturize with Coil Moisturizing Souffle for definition and softness.
- Pull hair up into a high puff and secure with a hair tie.
- Add some Sheen Sealing Nectar to your baby hairs for a sleek finish.
Style 4 – Twisted Updo
Here is another updo that anyone can achieve. It will give you the look of an intricate, Pinterest worthy updo without the stress of “it doesn’t look like the photo.” That’s because you’re not striving for perfection with this one, it’s one of those styles that will look different every time you do it! And once you’re done rocking this updo, take it down and you have a twist out. Just fluff and separate the twists with your fingers and you’re ready to go.
- Create chunky two-strand twists with Curl Defining Creme Glaze for elongation and softness.
- Flat twist your bangs and pin the ends behind your ear.
- Combine your twists into chunkier twists and pin up the ends to your nape.
Style 5 – Ninja Bun
The ninja bun is one of the breakout trends of 2015, we’ve been seeing it on every hair type from straight fine hair to coarse coily hair – and it always looks laid back and cool. Of course many women have been wearing this half up bun look for years, but the style has definitely seen a resurgence in our Instagram feeds. If you’re looking for an easy hairstyle for rushed mornings before school, give this one a try.
- Shampoo your hair with the No-Soak Shampoo.
- Part hair in half and create a bantu knot on your bangs.
- Moisturize the back half of your hair with the Slick Slip leave-in.
You can win all of the products used for these styles if you enter the Flawless No Heat Styles Giveaway here.
This post is sponsored by Soft Sheen Carson.