Apple cider vinegar and aloe rinses for healthy curls.
Apple Cider Vinegar--known as ACV--has become known as a health and beauty “elixir.” There is a long list of the many health benefits of ACV varies from easing cramps, to clearing stuffy noses, to fighting bad breath and helping to lower cholesterol. The beauty benefits of ACV include creating facial masks (combined with bentonite clay), skin toners as well as hair rinses and treatments.
What does ACV do for natural hair?
The restorative properties of ACV clean hair, getting rid of buildup and creating curls that have sheen and bounce.
Here are two treatments to try at home. They’re easy to make and can help do , natural, wonders for your curls! AVC is combined with aloe with these in order to help maintain extra moisture as you cleanse.
Aloe ACV Rinse
Combine and mix (in a spray or applicator bottle) the following:
- 4 oz aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp ACV
- Distilled water
- Cleanse hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Clip hair into sections with plastic clips.
- Apply the rinse from roots to ends.
- Gently rub the mixture into your scalp till the water is clear and the residue is gone.
- Rinse each section in cool to tepid water.
ACV and Aloe Spray Treatment
In a spray bottle, combine:
- 1 tsp ACV
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Shake all ingredients in the bottle.
- Apply the spray to each section of your scalp.
- Apply your usual daily conditioner and continue with your regular wash routine.