Jasmine oil is commonly used in Asian and Eastern cultures. Its fragrance is known to be aphrodisiac.
Well known for its sweet, light fragrance and aromatherapy uses, jasmine oil is recognized to sooth the mind and to relieve stress and reduce muscle tension. However, it has been found that this natural oil helps to achieve healthy hair and skin. Keep reading to find out the benefits of jasmine oil.
What is Jasmine Oil?
Jasmine oil is a natural essential oil derived from the Jasmine flower. Jasmine oil is commonly used in Asian and Eastern cultures. Its fragrance is known to be aphrodisiac, but it also has benefits for your hair, scalp and your skin.
This is why you should consider incorporating it as your beauty oil of choice.
Strengthens and stops hair breakage
Jasmine oil contains moisturizing properties to stop prevent hair breakage. Similar to fan favorites such as jojoba oil, jasmine oil is light and able to penetrate the hair shaft and cuticle to deeply conditions. It also maintains your natural moisture and elasticity. Tip: Add jasmine oil to in your DIY deep treatment masque or along with other oils for a hot oil treatment.
Fights scalp conditions
Jasmine oil is an antiseptic that purifies the scalp of bacteria and buildup. The natural healing properties found in jasmine oil work to eliminate and reduce the possibility of infections and scalp conditions such as dandruff. Tip: If you are suffering for a dry itchy scalp, try adding a few drops of jasmine oil to your scalp oil or adding it to your pre-poo routine.
Jasmine oil creates a conducive condition that not only hydrates but seals in moisture to the hair and scalp. The added moisture with tame those frizzes and give life to your curls. Tip: Along with coconut oil, use jasmine oil as a sealant following your favorite leave-in-conditioner or moisturizer.
Curls feeling a bit dry and brittle. Jasmine oil can help. Remember those moisturizing properties mentioned earlier? Yes, the moisturizing properties found in jasmine oil deeply conditions to combat scalp and hair dryness. The added softens will stop your hair from webbing, making it easier for it to detangle.
What it can do for your skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Used to heal dermatitis and eczema
- Treats dry, rough skin
How to make a deep conditioner with jasmine oil
1. Make a mix of 1 part of jasmine oil with three parts of grapeseed oil, olive oil, Argan oil, almond oil or any other carrier oil and take a tiny bit of the same on your palm and run your greased fingers through your wet hair.
2. Comb your hair starting from top and right up to the bottom and leave it as is. This method can be applied every time you wash your hair but be careful about the quantity to be used as too much can make your hair too greasy.
3. Cover head with a plastic cap and leave mixture in for several hours or overnight. Wash hair as you normally would.