This Curly Mixology recipe comes to us from NaturallyCurly member purelynatural, who has short Type 4b hair. She uses it as a "terrific way to supply additional moisture to the hair shaft and naturally sooth and condition the hair and scalp." Now as you'll soon see the recipe can be adapted for your hairtype and your personal hair challenges as it allows you to choose your favorite carrier oil and the herbs of your choice.
What you'll need
- 1 cup of organic carrier oil
- tightly closed jar
- 3-5 tablespoons of herbs of your choice
- Place approximately 3-5 tablespoons of herbs in a glass jar.
- Cover with 1 cup of organic carrier oil.
- Steep this mixture in a tightly closed jar for two weeks.
- Shake the jar daily for up to two weeks.
- Strain out the herbs.
How to Use it
- Oil Rinse - If you have thicker, denser hair then you can use this mixture as a rinse.
- Hot Oil Treatment - Another option is to use this oil as you would a hot oil treatment, and let it sit for about 20 minutes under a hooded dryer.
- Sealer - The easiest way to use this oil would be to pour it into a spray bottle and apply it as a sealer.
If you don't want to wait two weeks, speed up infusion by gently warming the mixture on the stove at a very low heat for about 15-20 minutes and the steep overnight. You can keep your herbal oil hair treatment refrigerated for up to 6 months.