Wash day sets the tone for how my hair will behave during the week. This is true for many of us. I created this rinse to addresses my hair's needs. It is great for the hair from root to tip. Check it out.
What You'll Need
- 2 bowls
- 1 peel of a whole orange
- 1 Tbsp. burdock root
- 4 Tbsp. of hibiscus flowers
- 1 Tbsp. of chamomile flowers
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon grass
- 2 Tbsp. of rose petals
- 3 cups of distilled water
*If your hair is light in color or blonde the hibiscus can possibly stain your hair. Substitute the hibiscus with calendula/ additional chamomile flowers instead.
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Steep them in the hot distilled water. Leave it covered until the water has cooled.
- Strain the infused water from the spent herbs. Discard/compost the herbs.
- Pour liquid over the hair. Use another bowl to catch the rinse an it runs off of the hair.
- Repeatedly pour the rinse over the hair. Be sure to massage the scalp between applications.
- Do a final rinse with cool water.
Why use these ingredients?
- Lemongrass and burdock are very nourishing.
- Orange peel has an astringent quality. It isn't drying and has great detoxifying properties.
- Hibiscus, chamomile and roses are very softening.
Hibiscus is softening and has mucilage. Mucilage provides some slip nice slip to the rinse and a beautiful deep red color. It's beautiful!
After rinsing you'll notice how clean and soft your hair and scalp feels. I absolutely love it! After using my rinse I don't need to moisturize my hair at all. I just seal in the moisture with Budding Butter Treat. It helps to retain moisture, gives the hair great sheen and doesn't way the hair down. Find out more here.
Give this a try and you'll love it too!