Many of us suffer from scalp irritations. This can be something that you have always dealt with or only occur at the start of cooler seasons. While this can be normal...it is still aggravating. This is my quick resolve for an itchy scalp. No need to wait for a full wash day to get some relief. This can be done anytime.
What you need
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 funnel
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar (acv)
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 6-8 oz distilled water
- Add everything to a spray bottle.
- Shake well.
- Part hair to expose the scalp.
- Spray the scalp directly.
- Massage the scalp with the pads of your finger for a minute or two.
- Rinse well with moderately warm water.
- Final rinse with cool water.
*Be sure to avoid getting the solution into your eyes.
- Avoid using leave in conditioners, stylers, gels and other products too closely to the roots.
- Let the natural sebum (oil) your scalp produces have time to coat the scalp. The scalp is stimulated by massaging it. It also encourages sebum production as well as aids in distribution.
- If your scalp does not produce enough on its own be sure to oil it. Use an oil that is soothing and aids in deterring your itchy scalp.