Jamaican Black Castor Oil (commonly referred to in the curly hair community as JBCO) is a staple for remedying dry hair, promoting growth, and adding thickness. The winter season is officially upon us, and JBCO works wonders as a hot oil treatment for dry or brittle hair.
What you'll need
- Sunny Isle Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- bottle with applicator tip/cap
- large mixing bowl
- Argan or coconut oil (for color-treated hair)
- boiling hot water
1. Mix your JBCO, argan or coconut oil in your applicator bottle. Place the bottle in a bowl of boiling hot water to tone down the thick, heavy consistency of the mixture.
2. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
3. While you wait, section your wet, detangled hair into 6 mid-sized sections. Apply your oil treatment from root to tip and twist your hair or braid it.
4. Once your hair is fully coated with the oil treatment, tie a plastic grocery bag around your head as a cap to seal in the steam and oil. Do this for about 30 minutes.
5. Completely rinse out the oil treatment and apply your favorite leave-in conditioner.
6. Add a curl defining cream for extra definition and hold if you are rocking a wash-and-go that day.
Watch how to do a JBCO hot oil treatment
Rayann410 shares how she does her JBCO hot oil treatment.
This article/video was not sponsored.