It’s early in the morning. The alarm goes off and you need to get out the door, FAST. You just noticed your hair isn’t bouncy and pretty like you’d want it to be. Of course, there’s always the coveted “bed-head” look. Maybe not so coveted for work, though.
Any of these scenarios are common for you curly girls? There’s a quick, soothing fix…lavender mist. Not only is a lavender mist easy to make, it’s beautiful fragrance and carries medicinal properties can do wonders for your mind and your hair!
Lavender promotes a hair growth; it’s amazing for your scalp. Its anti-inflammatory properties ease dandruff issues, too. Lavender has been known to bring about a more tranquil state of mind and lessen anxiety. A good scalp massage with a few drops of this oil can do wonders for a stressful day.
Ok, so what if you don’t wake up with bouncy, happy curls? No fear! Your mister bottle and clips should be near!
What You’ll Need
- Water bottle
- Lavender oil (you may get this at a health food store”>
- Distilled water
- Duckbill clips
- Using a water bottle, add 5-8 drops of lavendar oil to 1 liter of distilled water and shake well.
- Gently spritz your curls so they are damp.
- Using duckbill clips, twist your hair into 4 sections.
- Squeeze each section so that the oil penetrates.
- While you apply make-up or just have your morning coffee, allow the clips to work their magic for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the clips and allow your new waves and curls to look radiant!
If you have less time, you can make smaller bottles of the spray to carry with you–one for your bag, car, office, etc. Instead of clips, you can twist curls with your fingers after apply the spray. Making a lavender mist for your pillow or room is another great way to incorporate this relaxing scent into your routine.