Some girls have good hair days for eternity. How, you ask? It's actually pretty simple and I would like to share my personal 4 tips to help my wash day last for days.
1. Not in the mood or in a rush? Skip washday
My first tip would be to not wash your hair when you are not in the mood for it or when you are in a rush. Detangling should happen carefully in order to prevent breakage.
2. Pre-poo your hair the night before washing
Pre-pooing your hair will make your hair easier to detangle and therefore you will spend less time in a cold, boring bathroom.
3. Try the LCJ method
It is often recommended to seal the hair with oil; however, this does not work for everyone. If you notice that applying oil only results in frizz, you can replace the oil with a jelly, which will leave the same effect as sealing.
The LCJ method entails you first apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair followed by a leave-in cream and topped off with a jelly. Apply your products using the Praying Hands Method which will result in less frizz and more defined curls.
4. Invest in hair care products
This might be painful to your wallet, but your hair will surely enjoy it. During the last three years I noticed that my hair became healthier and bouncier when I started using products of high quality.
Here are my favorite hair care products for these methods.
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo
- TRESemmé Naturals Avocado and Aloe Vera Shampoo
- Vatika Black Seed Hair Mask
- Aphogee Keratin 2-Minute Reconstructor
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
- SheaMoisture Yucca & Boabab Anti-breakage Strengthening Milk
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-in
5. Don't forget weather
If you live in a humid environment, wear your hair in a high pineapple bun when you are outside. You can also consider covering our hair with a fashionable head wrap. This will help you protect your curls and your wash day will last longer.
6. Night time routine
When going to bed, pull your hair in a pineapple bun and wrap a satin scarf to protect your hair during the evening. You can also sleep on a satin pillowcase.
How do you make your wash day last throughout the week?