Chef Evelyn is back with more delicious ways to step up your brunch game. No need to get dressed and spend cash on one meal - you can gather some ingredients and throw down for all your friends!
This savory french toast swaps the sweet batter for one with rosemary, parsley, and black pepper. Top it off with a tangy tomato salad, balsamic syrup, grated cheese and you’ve transformed a breakfast classic into a serious brunch contender!
Pin it! Print it! Enjoy solo or invite friends over for a home cooked brunch (they bring the mimosas!). You can watch our collaboration with Chef Evelyn and follow along.
For the syrup
In small saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, and simmer on medium low until reduced by 1/2 and has a syrup consistency. Set aside, away from heat.
For the tomato topping
Cut cherry tomatoes in half, add to medium sized mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, 1-2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a light squeeze of lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.
For the French toast
- Whisk together eggs, half & half, rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, add brioche, and soak, for about 1 minute per side.
- Melt butter, 1 tablespoon per slice in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add brioche, and cook on 1 side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Place browned brioche on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Remove toast from oven and plate.
- Top each serving of toast with tomato mixture, a drizzle of balsamic syrup, additional parsley, freshly grated pecorino (parmesan works too!) and lemon zest.
Follow @ChefEvelyn on Instagram and Snapchat to see what she’s cooking up next!
To see more videos from us, follow NaturallyCurly on YouTube.