When the opportunity to be transformed into our most admired, most beloved natural hair icons, Nikki and April and I leapt into action. Within seconds, all 3 of us knew whom we wanted to be.
In the video below, you will see us get transformed, thanks to Design Essentials Natural and the magical hands of stylist Shandrall Duncan aka @shanmaire_visions, into some of the most iconic women in contemporary entertainment and the natural hair community.
Can you guess which natural hair icons we are emulating?
Share your guesses in the comments section at the bottom of this article or on our Facebook post!
With a crown of long, dense curls, @nchanel gets her hair moisturized and set with the following:
- Almond & Avocado Twist & Set Setting Lotion, one of the best smelling hair lotions on the market, hands down. It is lightweight in texture, gliding onto the hair with ease, and penetrating the hair strands for thorough hydration.
- Almond & Avocado Curling Creme, a definer for all curl patterns. Use this creme on any porosity type, adjusting the amount used based on your hair's needs.
- Nikki's roller set was blown out to get the iconic look, that is undeniably powerful thanks to the addition of hair clips with colored ends!
Although @gerilynhayes has low porosity hair, her strands immediately soak up almond and avocado oil:
- Almond & Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion, my favorite hair lotion for blowouts! Its scent is a hybrid of floral bouquets and almond oil. Its consistency is lightweight but offers enough slip to give coily hair malleability for styling. I love it!
- The iconic Afro pick helped me get a look that I've always wanted! Never has my 'fro been so voluminous, soft, and fluffy. For the finalized look, gently sculpt your Afro with cupped hands.
With her dense, high porosity curls, @firstchurchofapril needs lightweight, all-day hydration:
- Almond & Avocado Detangling Leave-In Conditioner for all-day hydration that won't evaporate from your hair strands.
- Almond & Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion contains nutrients that help keep April's ends sealed with moisture, which is especially important since a natural bristle brush was used on her fragile hair.
- Large hair tie and bobby pins were used to secure the updo.
- To achieve April's finished look, stylist Shandrall used a dramatic scarf to drape over her hair to add iconic flair!
No matter the reason, or the season, you can use Design Essentials Natural to style your hair like your favorite natural hair icon just like we did! Remember to follow our friends @designessentials to get unforgettable style #inspo on a daily basis.
As ever, stay iconic!
This post is sponsored by Design Essentials Natural.