January 1, 2015 on Instagram I started the “Hey Curlie Castor Oil Challenge” which is a 3-month challenge to encourage fellow online curlfriends to take charge of their hair and begin a healthy hair journey.
It’s not too late to join! The rules are as follow.
1. Your Castor oil MUST be 100% Castor Oil or Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Participants can only mix castor oil with another oil if scalp is sensitive i.e. herbal oil, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc.
2. Castor oil must be applied to a clean scalp and massaged for 3-5 minutes 2-3 times a week at night to allow penetration and circulation to promote hair growth.
3. Please post progress and tag #heycurliecastoroilchallenge and @NaturallyCurly. This will motivate and inspire following curlies.
4. Challenge ends April 1st!
Ways to use your castor oil
1. Scalp stimulator to promote growth through blood circulation to your hair follicles.
2. As a sealant to seal ends during styling
3. Add to pre-poo before shampooing and/or to conditioner for a deep conditioning treatment.
Here are 8 ways to work castor oil into the rest of your beauty routine.
Have fun and embrace the challenge. The results will amaze you. Follow me on Instagram @Hey_Curlie if you need some daily motivation!
Will you be joining the castor oil challenge?
Tell us if you are in the comments below and you’ll be entered to win a bottle of Simply Organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil!
Two winners will be randomly selected on Thursday, February 12.
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, as per our Terms and Conditions.
*Please make sure you have liked us on Facebook, so that when we can notify you if you’ve won.