Hey Curlfriends! Do you have travel plans coming up?
Are you worried about what to bring to keep your curls looking fresh and gorgeous on your vacation? Here’s a list of the top 10 travel essentials every curly girl needs when traveling!
1. Empty Spray Bottle
Fill it up when you get to your destination with water and a bit of conditioner to refresh your curls in the morning. It’s too convenient, but many Curlfriends forget.
2. Wide Toothed Comb
No one wants to spend extra time detangling their curls. Fight through knots a little faster with a wide toothed comb in the shower or when applying products and you’ll be out the door and exploring your destination in no time!
3. Satin Pillowcase
Let’s face it, hotels have no respect for our curls! Wouldn’t it be awesome if they provided satin pillowcases to curly guests so we can get a great night’s rest and still wake up with perfect curls? In the meantime, bring your own!
You’re going on vacation! Sure you can let your curls air dry–but wouldn’t it be better to speed up the drying process while adding a bit of definition? Universal diffusers should fit blow dryers that most hotel rooms come equipped with. Just don’t forget to bring your favorite heat protectant since those blow dryers have pretty high heat settings.
5. Cotton T-Shirt
While most hotels have big, soft and plush towels, they still have large fibers that will latch onto your curls which will create frizz when drying. Bring one or two of your old cotton t-shirts to dry your curls with after washing and you’ll be frizz free!
6. Bobby Pins, 7. Clips and 8. Hair Ties
All of these things will help when it comes to emergency updos! If you wake up with a bad hair day and don’t feel like fussing with your hair, you can throw it up in a cute messy bun to save time styling. Less styling time, more time to explore on your vacation!
9. Your Favorite Product(s”>
Stick to what you know. Whatever products work best in your hair, bring them with you, just pack lightly as possible! If there are travel or sample size of your faves, take those instead to save a little space. Most drug stores sell travel sized bottles that you can fill with shampoo, conditioner or lotions.
10. Saran Wrap
Have you ever experienced your favorite bottle of conditioner exploding in your suitcase? Place some saran wrap under the cap to prevent messy spills. Keep the inside of your luggage clean and your bottles will be good as new!
Need bonus travel tips?
Always plan ahead! It’s the best way to ensure that you bring what you actually need versus what you think you need!
- Be sure to check the weather and your itinerary before your trip! The weather could be a leading factor in what you plan on doing with your hair and what you plan on using in your hair.
- Staying in the loop on if it will be raining, humid, or windy at your destination can help you plan out styles ahead of time.
- If your itinerary calls for a special event, perhaps you want to bring the right tools for an elegant updo.
- Do you have it in your plans to go for a swim? Then you’ll definitely want to bring things with you to protect your curls from saltwater or chlorine.