Known as Freaky Friday and Friday the 13th, the origins of the 'unlucky' day are not totally known, although it is estimated that anywhere between 17 and 21 million people have a phobia of it due to the fear of bad things happening to them.
We've all heard about the black cats and broken mirrors myths, but did you know about these strange hair superstitions?
- Cutting your hair at night means you're asking for a family member to die.
- Women with red hair have short tempers.
- Dropping your comb while styling will bring you disappointment in the near future.
- If you are traveling by foot and cross a redhead, you must turn around.
- Cutting your hair on a Thursday will attract guardian angels to you.
- Your 1 year old son will become smarter if you trim his hair.
- Do not wash your hair the day prior to taking an important test at school.
- Cutting your hair on a Tuesday will help you become wealthy.
- Shaving your head on a Saturday will cause you to accumulate more debt the entire year.
- If you pluck a gray hair, three more will grow back.
- Hair that is cut off must be burned.
- If you throw your hair away in a trash can, a bird will come pick it up and add it to their nest.
- Cut your hair on a Monday to maintain good health.
- Cutting your hair on a Sunday will attract evil to you the rest of the week.
- If you cut your baby's hair before their 1st birthday, they will grow up without common sense.
- Fine hair is a sign of a mentally weak person.
- If a pregnant woman styles and cuts your hair, it will grow faster.
- If you have a cowlick, you are a lucky person.
- If your hair falls down below your knee, you are an unfit bride.
- If a jealous person touches your hair, it will fall out.
Which crazy hair superstition have you heard about?
Follow us on Instagram @NaturallyCurly