Every year there are several holiday parties that you attend. Some you have to; some you get to, but for each one of them, you want to look your best. Most people curl their hair for events like this, so you are already half way there! If you are like me, you get stuck wearing your hair down far too often and parties give you a chance to change up your style a bit. Anna from Trashy Roots Salon & Spa in Round Rock, TX, helped me create these three simple DIY looks that you can wear to any party this holiday season.
Fish Tail Updo:
This sophisticated look is great for wavy, unruly and frizzy hair.
- To create this couture look, tease out your entire head and spray all over with an aerosol hairspray.
- Pull out a section in the front and clip aside, this will be French braided across the head.
- Take the top crown section and from ear to ear and tease heavily.
- Twist each side inward and use bobby pins to secure in place.
- The bottom section will be the fish tail. Grab uneven pieces to give it a messier look.
- To fish tail: Gather the hair into a pony tail and split it in half. Start with the left half, take a piece from the outside of the section and cross it over to the right side.
- Do the same thing with the right half by taking a piece over to the left. Alternate back and forth until you run out of hair.
- If you want the messy and unfinished look, take a boar-bristle paddle brush and run it over the fish tail. Spray all over again with hair spray.
Natural Curls Pin Up:
This look is for those of you who want to use your already-styled curls and just put them up. It won't ever look the same way twice.
- Simply diffuse your hair with a scrunching gel, to create hold.
- Use booby pins and loosely pin the curls away from your face face, leaving the hairline out to create the sexy loose look.
- Lightly twist sections back and stay with the curl pattern. Don’t try to make it look perfect and don’t break up the curls.
- When pinning the top back, try to create lift, so don’t smash it down on your head.
- This should be a loose, sultry look. Leave a curl or two down in the front to help frame your face.
- When you are finished, spray with a light finishing spray to prevent frizz.
Loose Curl Up 'Do:
This look is great if you want to change up your curl pattern and go for more of a loose curl.
- Using bobby pins, twist and pin back each curl separately creating a bun like near the hair line.
- Repeat this until you have a full bun with each curl separately pinned back.
- French braid the front section framing the face and then to the back.
- This sleek style is perfect for any hair type and can be accessorized with hair clips or flowers.
- Spray with an aerosol hair spray when finished.
Each hairstyle takes about 10 minutes but will give you the perfect look for any holiday party.