Spritz your parched curls with this rosewater and glycerin mixology recipe.
NaturallyCurly user Wavy-Whirly uses this old-fashioned spritz for her Type 2C waves as well as for dry skin. If you don't have roses or rose hip seed oil on hand, other herbs can be substituted for them such as chamomile teabags, dried or fresh leaf rosemary, lavender buds, other essential oils or evening primrose oil.
What you'll need
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 5-10 drop rose hip seed essential oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rose petals or 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- spray bottle
- Boil the cup of water and add the rose petals.
- Steep overnight
- Strain out the rose petals and add the glycerin and rose essential oil.
- Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle that has been sterilized with rubbing alcohol, shake and refrigerate.