Back in November I was on a bit Kerastase kick and picked up a bunch of products with their Black Friday sale. One of the products I picked up was the Chronologiste Treatment whose regular price is $149! In my opinion, that is a crazy amount of money for a deep treatment that does not come in a super size jar to last forever. I was super curious about it and figured no better time to try it then when I can get 20% off.
Do I like it? Yes. Is it actually worth $150? I'm not sure.
- Hair is left incredibly soft, supple and shiny.
- Hair fiber is renewed, deeply nourished and strengthened.
- Hair integrity is preserved.
- Scalp is regenerated, soothed and hydrated.
KEY TECHNOLOGY & BENEFITS
Never before has such a large amount of active ingredients, in the highest concentration, been combined in one single formula. Chronologiste is a haircare miracle with immediate, transformative and visible results.
Hair is left incredibly soft, supple and shiny
- Cationic Derivatives – Soften, smooth and facilitate detangling.
- Silicone Concentrate – Emollient ingredient brings suppleness and shine. Hair fiber is renewed, deeply nourished and strengthened
- Gluco-Lipids – Restore nutritive deficiencies.
- Squalane – Essential fatty acid protects fiber and scalp from drying out.
- Trio of Ceramides – Strengthen and regenerate the fiber. Hair integrity is preserved
- Vitamin A & E – Anti-oxidant protection leaves hair safe-guarded from external aggressions. Scalp is regenerated, soothed and hydrated
- Bisabolol – An active principle of Chamomile, heals the scalp.
- Enriched Pacific Sea Water – Ultra-rich minerals and micronutrients increase skin barrier function and hydrate the scalp.
My initial thoughts
Truthfully, after spending so much on a hair treatment I didn't actually begin using it until January. Then I realized it was silly to buy it and just let it sit on the shelf when my hair wasn't looking so great. It is super concentrated, I really only need a teeny tiny amount, so it is lasting quite a while. I still have at least half of the amount left and I have used it 6 times so far!
How I use itI mix a bit of the cream with the pearls in the bowl that it comes with. so that the pearls break and blend with the cream. After shampooing, I apply it to wet hair that has the excess water squeezed out section by section and let it sit as long as I can--usually, half an hour. Add a little more water to it, massage it into the scalp and lengths of the hair.
My results, so far
I've used this treatment with and without heat and each time I have had great results. I am still dealing with breakage from a few months back and trying to get my hair super healthy again and I notice a positive difference when I use this. When I first started using it, I would use it once a week and now I have cut down to using it every other week. I was able to detangle very effortlessly with this treatment. The main thing I can notice with this is the shine. My hair always looks incredibly shiny right after I use this and the results last a few days. Usually my hair starts looking dull by day 3. My hair also felt smoother- this happened instantly as soon as I rinsed the treatment out. Finally, I have come to realize whenever I use this treatment I will have a pretty good hair day so that's nice.
Will I repurchase?
I do enjoy the results of this treatment. But I am unsure if I will repurchase it right away for 2 reasons: The price--though it works incredibly well, there are other deep treatments I love that aren't half as expensive and work just as well for me (Ouidad 12 Minute DT, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair, Living Proof Restore Mask and like 4 SheaMoisture masks that I combine together are my favorites).
Reason number 2 is although I strayed from the Curly Girl method for a while, I am slowly transitioning back to using more natural products. I am absolutely staying away from sulfates after using a different Kerastase shampoo that did have them (the treatment is sulfate-free) and more so staying away from any non-water soluble silicones.
My final thoughts
I saw that Kerastase recently released more products in this Chronologiste line. I was super curious about the shampoo but found out it contains sulfates so I will be passing on it. So, although I do like this treatment and the benefits I see with it, because of the reasons above I can't justify this as a Holy Grail product or something I cannot ever be without at this time.