Why you should use a microfiber hair towel for your waves and curls.
Over the past week and a half I have been testing 4 different microfiber towels to see which ones do exactly what they say they will, or at least work best on my hair.
With all towels that you use, you want to put product in your hair fresh out of the shower and then use the towels to reduce frizz, get out extra water and define your curl. The key to all towels is flip your head over and scrunch up.
Curls Like Us Cloths
- Material: Cotton. The stuff that makes the world go round.
- What I love: These towels reduced my frizz, which is always a plus for any girl.
- What I Would Change: The size! I have quite a bit of hair and with these towels, since they were only cotton, they didn’t have much room to absorb the water needed to reduce my drying time. They also didn’t give me much curl definition but I think that was because of the cotton material.
- Why You Should Try It: A lot of type 3 and 4 curlies love this product because it gets a lot of the water out of their hair. For wavies, microfiber towels are better for curl definition and getting excess water out. If you are a full-blown curly, I think you will love this towel.
Hand Dry Hair Gloves
- Material: Microfiber.
- What I love: The microfiber! It helped absorb excess water as well as give me a curl definition that is much needed to last me through the day.
- What I would change: Again, the size. While these did give me curl definition I was looking for, because they are small, (the size of your hand, just fluffy) I didn’t have the space to get as much curl definition as I would have liked. I ran out of dry space and that is essential when trying to improve your definition.
- Why you should try it: If you are a wavy in particular and have never tried microfiber on your hair, it is a must! These are great to start out with because you have the convenience of being able to just slip them on and scrunch away.
- Material: Microfiber again!
- What I love: This towel worked wonders on my hair. It absorbed almost all of the excess water, reduced my frizz by a ton and gave me amazing curls. Reminder: I am used to waves so when I can get curls it’s a big deal. I also love that this was just a simple towel so there was no putting my hands through anything or flipping for dry space. It was just your every day towel but in superpower form!
- What I would change: The size. Am I difficult or what? I will say that this towel’s dry area lasted for almost my entire scrunching process. However, it would have been nice to just have a little extra space to work with.
- Why you should try it: Because it is fantastic! Seriously. Just like the gloves it cuts down your drying time and it also reduces frizz. This cuts down drying time so much, though that I only needed my diffuser for about 3 minutes in order to leave my house with a head of dry hair. If you have been looking for something that will give you a boost into the full-blown curl category, this towel might just be your answer.
Mimi’s Diva Towel
- Material: And the winner is….Microfiber!
- What I love: Everything. Literally. It did exactly what the DevaCurl Towel did for me and it’s huge! I had plenty of space to work with so I made sure that every single wave was turned into a curly wonder. As with the DevaCurl, I only needed my diffuser for a few short minutes and still got to leave my house with dry hair. Miraculous.
- What I would change: Well since I loved everything about it, nothing! There are not too many products that I can say I would change nothing about, but this is definitely one of them. For me, this towel is perfect as is. Just take it out of the package and be amazed.
- Why you should try it: Every reason I suggested for the DevaCurl Towel applies to this microfiber towel, but if you have more hair than not you will probably prefer this one. This gave me the same results as the DevaCurl, which were fantastic, but I just had more to work with which made this towel my favorite.
If you're a wavy and have never tried microfiber towels, do it! If you're a curly and looking for something to decrease your dry time as well as enhance your curls, all of these towels will do that. Either way, check out the reviews for these microfiber towels and see what other curlies of your type are saying about them.