Rock Looser Waves!
Change your curl pattern for the day. If you always wear a tighter curl or do a lot of scrunching, then it is about time to change it up.
- Loosen the curl pattern by using a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Then use a smoothing cream and frizz free serum together and run your fingers through your hair instead of scrunching. Run your fingers away from your face so that the curls will flow back.
- Before air drying your hair, take a large tooth comb and comb down the hair shaft a little to soften your curl and to give your more of a wave pattern.
- Type 2 (Wavy): You might already have a looser curl, so just lightly do this technique. You may even need to scrunch the ends slightly with a frizz-free foam to give them a wavier look.
- Type 3 (Curly): Lightly use the wide-toothed comb during your air drying to soften your hair to a wave. Use a smoothing cream if you start to see any frizz.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Let your hair air dry and keep running a serum through your hair to loosen your curl as it dries. The weight of the water drying in your hair will tone down the curls.