Oftentimes, many curlies get frustrated trying to create sleek styles using gel because once they walk outside, all of the flyaways and baby hairs take on a life of their own. Well, that is because most gels are formulated with humectants to withdraw moisture from the air, causing the hair to curl and add definition. Pomades are formulated to be thick and heavy in order to keep the hair in place. If edge control products leave your edges dry, tacky, and flaky, try creating Colorful Canary’s All Natural Hair Styling Pomade. It is chock-full of oils that all naturals love and a little goes a long way. For naturals with coarse, porous hair, this would be a great option for sealing in the moisture that always seems to escape your tresses.
- 2 Tbsp organic beeswax
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, jojoba, almond, or apricot kernel oil
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot powder
- Essential oils of your choice
- Storage container
- Double boiler
- Hand mixer
- Fill the bottom double boiler pot with water and put it on a high heat setting. Once the pot is hot, add beeswax to the top pot until it is melted and then add coconut oil.
- Turn off the heat and remove the top double boiler.
- Empty the bottom double boiler pot and add freezing cold water.
- Place the top boiler pot back over the bottom pot, add arrowroot, olive oil, and essential oils, and stir quickly.
- Blend; font-family: inherit;”> the mix with a hand mixture until stiff.
- Transfer the product into the storage container.