New moms can attest that hair changes during and after your pregnancy.
Prior to the little one’s arrival, one can experience thicker, longer hair thanks to changes in the hair growth cycle. However, major shedding, a loss of shine, and drier textures follow postpartum. Furthermore, curly hair is naturally dry so to have both problems require a miracle. Luckily, DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask is bringing thirsty hair back to life.
DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask
Regardless of your curl pattern, this rich and buttery hair mask will nourish extreme dryness. Matcha green tea and almond oil deliver a sweet decadent fragrance which in my opinion, smells like green tea ice cream. In addition, they’re part of the three key ingredients that create this moisture-rich deep conditioner:
matcha butter retains moisture and seals the cuticle
beet root extract improves elasticity and protects color
sweet almond oil is rich in vitamins and omega fatty acids that help moisturize and nourish the hair
How to Transform Your Dry, Postpartum Curls
There are a few ways to apply a deep conditioner. A common way is to wash and condition the hair, apply a deep conditioner, leave it for 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse well. Another way is to apply the deep conditioner prior to washing your hair. It’s effective when the hair is extremely tangled and suits my current situation as a new mom. I don’t always have time to spend in the shower so this method gives me the freedom to tend my baby if needed. Here’s how I do it:
- Begin by sectioning off large parts of dry hair and securing the remaining parts with a scrunchie or hair clip.
- Spray the dry section with water, then apply DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask.
- Untangle each section with a wide-tooth comb, detangling brush or a Q-Redew.
- Twist each untangled section into a bun and apply a shower cap.
- Leave on for 30 minutes then proceed to shower to rinse out the mask.
- Use a gentle clarifying shampoo on the roots only to remove heavy buildup like DevaCurl Buildup Buster Micellar Cleansing Serum.
- Rinse well and apply your favorite leave-in conditioner, styling cream and/or gel.
- Air dry your curls or diffuse for speedier results.
Regardless of which method you use, this mask will transform your dry curls to make them defined, well-hydrated, and bouncy. It’s already hard enough during motherhood to deal with the temporary setback of postpartum shedding. That’s why at the minimum, I spend one day a week to create an at-home spa to pamper myself. Using this hair mask has brought the luster back into my curls and slowly, I feel like myself again.
Watch my full tutorial here:
Have you tried DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask?
Are your curls extremely dehydrated? What is your favorite deep conditioner for your dry, postpartum curls? Let us know down below in the comments.
Follow Rochelle on Instagram @discocurls