We're not perfect when it comes to our hair routines and regular maintenance; because of one reason or another, we might not be able to get our usual 6-week trim. Well, there's no need to panic. Here are some quick in-season hairstyle fixes to hide those split ends.
This hairstyle is a great split end concealer on all hair types. Simply pull hair up in a high ponytail on top of your head, and twist around your hair tie. Pin any loose ends with bobby pins.
- For wavy hair: try Moptop Herbal Detangler before styling.
- For curly hair: slick curls into your ponytail with something like Curl Junkie Styling Gel.
- For coily hair: keep your edges tamed with Karen's Body Beautiful Sleek Strands Edge Control.
PHOTO YUMMI BUNS
This works best on clean, dry hair. If you need to wash your hair, opt for a dry shampoo like DevaCurl No Poo Quick Cleanser.
- Begin with your hair sectioned in pigtails.
- Do 3-strand twists on both braids and secure the ends with an invisible hair tie. No rubber bands!
- Pull each braid up over the rest of your hair like a headband.
- When your ends meet at the top, pin them together with bobby pins. This will give the illusion of one long braid.
PHOTO ORCHID GREY
- After your wash-and-go, create a horizontal part in your hair and tie the upper half up.
- On the bottom half, twist hair towards the root. Four or five chunky twists should do the trick.
- Wrap each twist as if you're about to put it in a bun.
- Use a bobby pin to secure it at the root. This will create a temporarily shortened appearance.
- Do this to each twist, and then let the top half of your hair fall down to cover the pinned twists.
- For your wash-and-go, try L'Oreal EverCurl Hydracharge Conditioner and style with Darcy's Botanicals Cocnut Butter Styling Pomade.
PHOTO HOW-TO HAIR GIRL
This style is also known in the natural hair community as the "roll, tuck, & pin."
- Use a rattail comb to make a U-shaped part in the front of your second day twists.
- Part the remaining sections of hair as you please.
- Leaving the front section alone, roll and twist every other section and pin to your scalp.
- For the front section of your hair, distribute a good amount of a curl defining creme like Aunt Jackie's Curl Custard.
- Make one large flat twist and pin it up under your hair so it isn't visible.
- Slather on a reasonable amount of Eden Edge Gel on your edges.