Get a healthy head of curls to flaunt through the summer months with these tips.
We all want a healthy head of curls to flaunt through the summer months. Get your curls ready for the sun with these healthy summer hair tips.
- Hydrate: Stay hydrated inside and out by drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydrating your skin and hair during the summer.
- Top That!: Put on a hat when you plan on being in the sun for a long period of time. To really avoid the dryness of the sun and heat, you can put your hair into a bun and then top it off with a hat.
- Gentle Cleanse: During the summer, heavy shampoos can dry out strands. Use the Obliphica Balance Shampoo, a gentle sulfate-free shampoo to cleanse without drying. For extra conditioning in the summer, try mixing a small amount of Obliphica Hydrate Conditioner into your shampoo for a moisturizing wash.
- Nourish: Always use a deep conditioner at least once every two weeks during the summer. For a deep penetrating treatment apply the Obliphica Nourishing Mask with a couple of drops of the Obliphica Oil Treatment into wet hair then cover with a shower cap. You can apply heat by wrapping a warm towel around your hair. Leave treatment in for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water to lock in the moisture.
- Secret Weapon: Before swimming, wet hair and apply the Obliphica Hydrate Conditioner to your hair before getting in the pool. By doing this, you are creating a protective barrier from the chlorine.
- Baby Your Hair: After swimming you don’t want to follow up with a harsh shampoo session. Instead, rinse chlorine out with the Oblipica Hyrdate conditioner and a mix of the Obliphica Balance Shampoo. Follow that with a quick deep conditioning treatment with the Obliphica Nourishing Mask.
- Beat Frizz: Styling curly hair during those humid summer days can be tough. We suggest mixing the Obliphica Curl Cream with a drop of the Obliphica Oil Treatment into the palm of your hands. Run this mixture throughout strands for moisture and protection. Not only will this mix help detangle strands, it will also give your hair the added benefit of hydrating your curls while sealing in moisture to prevent water from escaping and any water in the air from getting in.
- Styling: When humidity becomes hair’s sworn enemy, sometimes our only option is to avoid wearing our curls down completely.
Try experimenting with different updos. Our favorite simple hairstyle for the summer is a twisted bun. Here’s how to get the look:
- With hair in a side part, grab a small piece from one side and split into two.
- Twist those sections about 4-5 times and add hair into twist as you go.
- Pull finished twist back and pin to hair. Repeat the twist on the other side.
- Pull all of your hair back and secure in a ponytail.
- Twist everything into a bun.
- Secure with an elastic or bobby pins.
Have you sent in your RSVP for the Curly Pool Party? Don’t miss out on this curl-tas-tic event!
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 4:00 pm and is filed under Summer. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.