Need some growth improvement? Vitamin E is going to improve your natural hair health whether it is taken as a supplement or a hair oil.
When it comes to natural hair and oils we are all aware that they can be a great savior for dry and thinning hair. The scalp loves to be massaged with oils that stimulate the follicles and although coconut, olive, castor and jojoba oils are the main suspects for this you may want to introduce Vitamin E into your hair regimen.
It has many uses and is great to heal the skin from problems like eczema, its properties strengthen the capillary walls improving moisture and elasticity (both great for the hair). It is a very important nutrient and antioxidant to help balance hormones, heal the skin, improve vision and most importantly to us, grow healthier hair!
How to consume and use Vitamin E
You can consume Vitamin E via supplement, or find it in foods like, nuts, eggs, cabbage, carrots, and dark leafy green vegetables. You can also add the oil to your hair products. You can also use it alone as an oil, but note that it is a sticky substance.
Vitamin E pre-poo
For hair growth I recommend using Vitamin E oil as a pre-poo treatment.
You can either puncture Vitamin E capsules and squeeze them out, or you can purchase Vitamin E oil. For ease you can mix this with your favorite carrier oil, such as apricot oil (also a source of Vitamin E). Massage some of the oil onto the scalp, using your fingertips, applying to the length of the hair while softly detangling. Once you let the oil sit and work its stimulating magic for 10 to 20 minutes, wash your hair with a Vitamin E enriched shampoo for an extra boost.
Below are some examples of products you can introduce into your hair care routine.
Curly hair products with vitamin E
- Cococare 100% Vitamin E Oil: This is a 100% Vitamin E oil that you can use to soften hair and skin along with maintaining moisture and repairing skin tissue -- it is great for scalp care. Use this oil daily or weekly for a more intense hair treatment.
- Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Girls E-Blast Vitamin E & Flaxseed Nourishing Scalp Remedy: Aunt Jackie's a popular curly hair scalp remedy daily for a dry, flaky scalp. Regular use maintains the hair's nourishment, encourages healthier hair growth. Bonus: it is also a great maintenance product for naturalistas rocking braids, twists and locs.
- ApHogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner: ApHogee are 1 of my favorite brands for repairing hair damage and have a curly staple protein treatment used by both professionals and those at home. This leave-in conditioner is carefully formulated with the minimum daily requirements of Vitamin E so you will get the full benefits of the oil daily without causing any damage in the long run. You can use this leave-in conditioner on wet curly hair.
- Curls Blissful Lengths Hair Growth Vitamin: I recently did the Curls length challenge taking the above vitamin daily for 3 months and saw such a difference in the thickness, health and length of my hair. It is taken in a liquid form so you will get a daily dosage and no need to apply directly to the hair. It works from the inside out, you take 1 TBSP per day and keep in the refrigerator, you'll see best results when taken for 2-3 months.
- TGIN Twist & Define Cream: TGIN has an amazing styler will all natural ingredients. This product defines and smooths twists and produces the perfect curl definition all whilst benefiting your hairs health.
- Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo: I recommend if you want to choose just one Vitamin-E enriched product, that you go for a shampoo. This is because when applying shampoo you really apply well to the scalp giving it stimulation and the oil a chance to really get into the scalp benefiting your hairs health in the long run. This shampoo targets dryness and softens leaving your hair manageable once rinsed out.
- Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask: Curlies love a deep conditioner and I would start to include 100% natural Vitamin E oil into your usual deep conditioner, or buy an already made deep conditioner infused with Vitamin E, like the above! This product goes hand in hand with Vitamins B5, D and A to increase elasticity and replenish damaged and broken hair.
A note about Vitamin E dosage
Although the benefits are enough for you to want to intake it non-stop, please be aware that with most things in life, too much can become harmful. The recommended intake of supplements is 15mg (24.4 IU) per day -- do not take more unless advised by your doctor. Are you now convinced to apply this super vitamin to your curly hair routine or have you already been using this game-changer?